Flank Steak Taco Crock Pot Recipe


Do you have that ONE recipe that you know you can make perfectly and it'll be a crowd-pleaser every time?! I sure do. It's my flank steak tacos. And when I say "my recipe" I mean my mom gave me the recipe and she originally got it from my aunt ;) It's tried and true, friends! I've mentioned it here on the blog before but never shared the recipe, so I thought I would being that it's Memorial Day weekend and this is the perfect thing to cook for a large amount of people.


Picture from this very similar recipe

Ingredients:
1.5lbs of flank steak for 6 people (I was going to make 3lbs for 10 people this weekend)
1 can Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (for MI locals, I've only ever found these at Meijer)
1 small can mild green chilis
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper

Taco sides:
Spanish / Mexican rice
lime
avocado
salsa
shredded cheese


Directions:
Score the Flank Steak on both sides. Salt and pepper both sides of steak. Put in the crockpot. Dump all ingredients on top of the stead. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8. .Usually I do low for 4 then high for 1 or two. Stir every so often, making sure the juices are on top of the meat. An hour before serving, shred your flank steak with two forks. This should happen easily (that's how you know it's almost done!) 

We serve this just like any other tacos by topping them with rice, avocado, cheese, lettuce, etc. The only thing I wouldn't do is beans. 

They are so delicious and any time I make them, everyone always wants the recipe! Maybe this will help your Memorial Day meal planning. Oh! And leftovers are almost better than the first time you eat them...so juicy ;) 

Let me know if you try them!

Before I sign off for the day, I wanted to let you know I'll be back with Memorial Day Sales tomorrow, but in case you want a head start, here are a couple already going on!

Nordstrom: Half Yearly Sale! Up to 40% off!
Bloomingdales: up to 40% off Designer Handbags
LOFT: 40% off everything
J.Crew: 40% off everything with code GETAWAY
J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything with code WINWIN
West Elm: Buy more, save more with code SAVEMORE 
Anthropologie: 20% off home decor and furniture
ASOS: 20% off with code SUNNYDAYS
Madewell: 20% off dresses with code PRETTYPLEASE
Target: sale on home decor and patio
World Market: save 20% + FREE shipping!

xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio


No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top