Vintage Airplane & Car Baby Boy Nursery

Happy Wednesday everyone! One of the client projects I'm currently working on is a new build for a young couple-- a pair of my husband's friends from high school, but who have quickly become some of my favorite people, too! I helped them with their last house (you can see that here) so I'm excited to be helping with the design of the new house. You may remember the inspiration board I shared for the kitchen here (hint: emerald green cabinets!) 

All of the home's finishes and materials / paint is chosen, so while the house is being built one of the most important rooms of the house to furnish is the nursery! The family is expecting their first baby, a boy, later this summer! Nurseries are one of my favorite rooms to design and this one is no exception. They love the idea of doing a vintage automobile and planes theme and keeping it more "adult" than "baby" looking. I'm on board with that!!

Here's a peek at the finishings for the house:

Kitchen...

Bath 1...
  
Bath 2...

Landry room...

Master Bathroom...


Below is the inspiration for the nursery, which I think will fit right in with the rest of the house:


A few sources: Glider / Crib / Dresser / Sheets / Map / Adventure is Out There / Black Out Curtains

This is technically the office of the home, but it will serve as the nursery, since it's the closest to the master bedroom, for the first few years. The walls will be Zen Retreat, which as you can see at the bottom of the board, is a darker gray, but we'll be accenting with some white board and batten. The floors will be a beautiful medium tone hardwood, which we'll be covering with a plush rug. 

We're playing with textures by mixing a wood toned dresser (a favorite from Ikea!), a metal crib, wood and metal bookcases the couple already has from their old great room, and a beautiful and cozy glider. I chose sheets with a vintage airplane design to echo the vintage planes + automobile theme, a fun car shelf, playful storage bins, and a touch of blue here and there. The feature will be the awesome map that we're thinking will go above the crib. 

I can't wait to see it come together! I'll be sure to share as we go along. 

xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

1 comment

  1. Love love that nursery! My dad (who passed when I was little) had a wooden airplane that I always envisioned putting in a little boy's room if we had one. We have two girls but I've always been really fond of that theme! I love that it's a room a boy can grow into.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top