Fashion: Stripes, Vests & Boots

Happy Monday everyone! We just had one of THE coldest weekends here. Let's just say I'm happy to see 20's and 30's on the forecast for this week! All of you who were hoping for snow in Georgia, I've got some for you, so feel free to come to Michigan for a visit ;)

Dressing for super cold days here in the winter is really hard for me. It seems like your coat is sort of the extent of your outfit sometimes. I can get in the leggings, sweatshirt, coat, hat and gloves rut easily! So this weekend when we went to a game night at a friend's house, I put on some real clothes ;) Layers is key, obviously! (Ahem...I'm literally wearing 2 pairs of leggings here. What's a girl to do in 8 degrees?!)

Stripes can do no wrong in my book, especially classic black and white, so I wore my new peplum stripe shirt with a furry vest for added warmth, and then of course a HUGE down coat over this whole thing!




stripe top (this is another go-to stripe shirt I love + it's on sale!)  / boots / boot socks / gloves / similar bag

Shop the look:




Today you'll definitely find me in sweats, but this was a fun change of pace ;) Here's to wishing for warmer temps!

xoxo


Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Ahhh! I know it's SO cold! You look super cozy in this cute outfit though! :)

    Xo,

    Megan at Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michaela! I'm from Los Angeles and I'll be visiting Boston/NY in February. I'm scared I'll freeze to death when I visit. Do you have any specific clothing/brand recommendations for the cold? I'm looking for items like waterproof boots, a beanie, non-itchy scarf, gloves, fleece leggings, etc. :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top