Holiday Flower Arrangement Centerpiece



I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend full of Christmas celebrations! Our first married Christmas was so much fun; my heart is full. My husband went all out on my stocking, which had me feeling extra special :) I can't believe this is the last week of 2016. We've experienced deep heartache and great joy this year, all for which we are thankful for.

As we approach New Years Eve & Day, I thought it'd be fun to share a floral arrangement, incase you're hosting parties and need centerpiece ideas. I got all these flowers at Whole Foods, one of my favorite places to grab blooms.

Peonies, hydrangea, seeded eucalyptus, and tulips.

I always tape the vessel off into quadrants so that the flowers have some support to stand up against.

Start with the greenery!


Then place your larger florals first.

I filled in with peonies, then finished off with my white tulips.


Tips:
- Make the grid with scotch or floral tape before starting!
- Cut stems at an angle so they can best soak up all the water they need.
- Clean the flowers, meaning remove all leaves and excess buds below the water line, so that bacteria doesn't grow and poison the water.
- Don't pack the flowers in tightly in a perfectly round shape. To get that whimsical feel, place some blooms in at angles and let some stems stay longer than others, offering it height.

If you'd like to see me do a holiday arrangement in action, check out the video below from a few years ago. I still use the same arranging principles!


Hope this helps for your next centerpiece making adventure!
xoxo


Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio



PS! This is the top I wore on Christmas Eve and it's almost sold out, so I thought I'd let you know! I'm in an XS, because it's a billowy blouse. My boots are also on sale. I suggest you order up a half size, as they run small. My mom and I both have them and we love them! 

1 comment

  1. The arrangement is gorgeous. Love the mix of free flowing flowers and greens. I am ready to swap out our tired Christmas arrangements. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top