Our Wedding: Dinner Reception & Details


Happy Wednesday! It's almost Thanksgiving, which means put on your stretchy pants and get ready for some turkey :)

Today I'm sharing our dinner reception details of our wedding with you! In past weeks you've seen our first look, getting ready & bridal party portraits, and our ceremony & bride and groom pictures. I hope you're enjoying seeing our big day, and if you're planning a wedding, hopefully our pictures serve as some inspiration for you.

Our reception vision was dreamt up in my mind over a long period of time. Since Holman Ranch, our venue, has such a stunning stone courtyard, I wanted to keep things very garden-like. To make the space feel more intamate, I wanted to push the tables together to create the look of many long tables. We're all family now, right?! My vision was to have the flowers coming down the middle of the tables, almost creating a table runner effect. My florist, Michelle Lywood, made my vision come to life. I almost cried when I saw the courtyard-- it was STUNNING. Flowers were dripping down those tables. She used a mix of medium mercury glass centerpieces (2 per 8' table) and then filled in with mix-matched budvases and mercury glass votives.

Scroll through to see some of the pretty details from the day...

We don't have a picture, but I got custom bean bags with our monogram on them from a cute etsy shop, Lollipop Stitches.


Right before the gates to the courtyard where dinner was served, I had some beautiful rentals from Forage Vintage Rentals, local to Carmel. We got these beautiful antique white shutter doors, an eclectic dresser and decorated it with candle sticks, flowers and the menu for dinner. On the shutters we hung pink ribbon with the table seating clipped on.



I love blush pink as much as the next girl, but I really wanted to have something a little different. So I decided to go a little bolder with a navy blue napkin and mix in lavender flowers. The pictures make me swoon all over again. I'm so thankful we had such a great photographer (thanks, Danielle!) to capture all the details.



In order to fill the space on the table a bit, we used silver chargers (borrowed from my aunt who got them from Hobby Lobby! Steal!) underneath our dinner plate. Our favor was set out on the guests' plates, along with a clipping of rosemary from my grandma's garden. This was a special touch to me, because I've always had a sweet connection with my grandma. One of my favorite memories of wedding prep was tying all 120 ribbons around the jars with my mama. So many laughs!

My sweet friend and calligraphy, Jenny of Graceline, did these beautiful table number illustrations and lettering.

Our bridal party entrance was so fun. Here's our maid of honor and best man... they made me cry I was laughing so hard. Just wait until you see this in video form ;)

The new Mr. & Mrs.!


Our catering team was absolutely phenomenal!! I cannot say enough great things about Paradise Catering. If you're getting married in Carmel/Monterey, hire them. Enough said :) Friends and family are still talking about our wedding food. We did a live grill buffet, so everything was cooked to order and hot off the press!

All three speeches (from my dad, maid of honor and best man) were amazingly well done. Each was hilarious, thoughtful and sweet. In this moment, my dad is telling guests that when I was in 2nd grade, he took me on a daddy-daughter date at the mall. We hopped in an old school photobooth and took some cheesy pictures, then chose the kitty-cat border to go around it. I thought we printed a few, but turns out my dad printed about 10 sheets of these pictures, in sticker form.

I would find these stickers in the most random spots, all throughout my life. He always looked forward to back-to-school-night, because he'd put a few in journals, folders, or even on the top of my desk. Before leaving me in my dorm in college, he stuck one on my laptop for me to find once my parents left. It has been one of the most fun, embarrassing, and special things for me. (PS. I'm not even posting a picture of the picture, because it is too much to handle. My haircut was no beuno!)

Well, towards the end of my dad telling this story, he said "my favorite place I've ever put a sticker is on the bottom of your wine glass at your wedding." To which I teared up, and everyone let out a big "awwww" all together. SO SWEET! I'm so glad we have this on video, thanks to United Media Co.

My beautiful mama enjoying the speeches.






Photography: Danielle Poff Photography / Venue: Holman Ranch / Florals: Michelle Lywood / Calligraphy & Watercolor Illustration: Graceline /  Wood Sign Lettering: Tipsy Calligrapher  / Vintage Rentals: Forage Vintage Rentals / Hair & Make Up: Lindsay Dabalos  / Jam Favors: Kitchen Kettle Village 

I sure do wish those flowers stayed alove forever and ever! Thanks for making it through another wedding post :) You can click here to see all our wedding plans and past recaps of our wedding.

Enjoy the next few days off!
xoxo

Photobucket

3 comments

  1. LOVE everything about your wedding! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad's speech and the stickers is the cutest thing I've ever heard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michaela-it's been so long, but I just had to come by your blog to say that your wedding photos are absolutely beautiful! What a special day you put together..congrats!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top