In the Kitchen: Peach Cobbler Recipe




Hope you all had great weekends! Last night we headed out to the beach to see the Blood Moon! Did you see it??

Since the first official day of Fall was last week, I thought it'd be a fun time to share with you one of my favorite dessert recipes: peach cobbler. I think this recipe was my grandma's and then she passed it to my mom, and now it's one of my family's very favorites. When I was home visiting my parents a few weeks ago I somehow managed to get my mom to make the cobbler twice. It was delicious :) I hope you love it!!

Ingredients: 1 29 oz can peaches OR 6-7 good sized fresh peaches, 1 stick butter, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup milk, 1-1/2 tsp. baking power.

Directions:

- Melt butter pats in pyrex pan while preheating. Set a timer for 2 minutes so it doesn’t burn! (We usually use a 9×13″ or a little smaller)

- Mix flour, sugar, milk and baking powder together with spoon. I always add a dash of cinnamon for good measure  ;)

- If you’re using fresh peaches, peel them and slice. Throw in skillet and combine 1/4 cup sugar and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. Let them simmer for 5-10 minutes until juices flow. (If you’re using a can of peaches, you don’t need to do this. They’re already very sweet!)

- Pour your batter into the pyrex directly over the batter. Do not spread evenly or touch with a spoon once it’s in the pan. Try to drizzle the batter in evenly.

- Arrange peaches to cover your dough. Make sure the peaches and ALL the juice ends up in the baking pyrex.

- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Check at 30 min and add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top if wanted.

- Let stand for 10-15 to cool, then serve with vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

Happy Monday!
xoxo
Photobucket

1 comment

  1. absolutely beautiful recipe! I can not wait to make this one and for my kitchen to smell like peachy goodness :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top