Family Room Design Update



Happy Monday! It's a busy week around here as we prepare for our La Petite Bloom Workshop tomorrow in Michigan. I'm always so excited to get to meet the new gals who will come to the workshop!

A few weeks ago I revealed my parent's living and dining room. There's nothing like the feeling of finishing a space for a client (especially when said client is your mom!) and they absolutely love it. I get texts weekly letting me know how much they love their living room. Once we finished the living room and dining room, we moved on to the family room. Last month I showed you the color palette for the room and gave you the scoop on the design plan. Let's recap:

- New sofa
- New window treatments and molding around windows (in progress!)
- New custom pillows
- New coffee table
- New end tables
- New occasional chair (the chair has arrived, but sadly I don't have a picture of it yet!)
- Ottoman for side chair
- Plant for corner
- Art for above sofa (in progress!)
- Fill in weird fireplace in the brick
- New rug  (we got this pretty striped rug from Crate & Barrel



You can see the new large sectional is in with some blue pillows, the coffee table with gold accents is in as well, and we got this adorable globe (for under $30!) to sit atop the table.

As you can see, that big brick wall is still blank. We're working on getting a beautiful custom painting of a beach in Hawaii done, as that's my mom and dad's favorite place in the world :) I can't wait to see it!

We love the new rug from C&B-- it's soft, subtle and give the room a bit of pattern.

We're also currently in the process of getting some cornice boxes made to coordinate with the rest of the colors in the room. The two windows on either side of the TV are long, skinny, and placed really high up on the wall, so they needed a little something. I think this is a great solution! 

We can't wait to show you more progress soon. And the new upholstered chair from Traditionally Derby is to.die.for.

Enjoy your Monday!
xoxo

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I love that couch and the exposed brick wall! So beautiful!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more! My favourite part of the room is that exposed brick what a treat. That coffee table is pretty awesome as well.

    Lauren Baxter | Lovely Decor
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top