Client Reveal: California Living & Dining Room



A few months ago (gosh-- maybe it was a year!) I was sharing pieces of my parent's living room design. In between some client projects, I helped them totally redo their entire dining room/living room combo. The only thing we kept was the dining table, the antique buffet (it's my great grandmothers) and the painting on the wall. 

Because the dining chairs are upholstered in a berry color fabric, I came up with a color palette that goes well with that color. Navy, neutral, a bit of cobalt, gold, and berry was what we came up with. The living and dining areas are open to each other, but have defined sides of the room, so I knew I needed to bring the berry hue over onto the living room side of the space to unify. We found a great fabric and had custom pillows made for the sofa and side chair. 

Some of my favorite elements in the space are those gorgeous vaulted ceilings, brick fireplace, beautiful gold and mirrored coffee table, and the stunning chandelier over the dining table. Here's a look at the finished room!











DETAILS | Navy pillows: Caitlin Wilson Textiles / Berry pillows: custom (email me for questions!) / Neutral pillow: Crate & Barrel (similar) / Coffee table: Traditionally Derby / Chandelier: Lamps Plus / Dining mirrors: Ballard / Curtains: Pottery Barn / Rug: Pottery Barn

We're so happy with how it turned out! The client is happy and happy clients (especially when said client is my mom!) means happy designers :)

* If you're interested in my design services, I'd love to hear from you! From one-hour consultations, to virtual designs, inspiration boards, and full service design, we'd be honored to help you make your house feel like a home. Please email me athello@michaelanoelledesigns(dot)com for pricing and packages.

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo
Photobucket

5 comments

  1. That space is gorgeous! LOVE the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This space is absolutely gorgeous! You did an incredible job! I love the wood on their ceiling, and that classic fire place. I love how they kept some of the natural elements of the house while still keeping the decor fresh and modern! Such a great balance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reveal!! Always a good job Michaela, I love the planked vaulted ceilings and that fire place!? Dreamy. Everything ties together so nicely and it's so glam & shiny but yet comfy and homey.

    Lauren Baxter | Lovely Decor
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top