How to Spruce Up Your Home for the New Year


January is always a great time to think about the decorating you wanted to do in 2014, but just didn't get to it. It's a month of fresh starts; new beginnings. And a lot of us are on budgets (Hi! I definitely am!) so I'm showing you one of the best ways to spruce up and decorate on a budget. Your wallet will thank you...and so will your inner decorator :)

My number one tip when you want to add new life into your home on a budget is to change out your pillows! They are relatively inexpensive, don't require any HUGE changes that are time consuming (like painting, remounting new artwork, knocking out walls, etc.) and make a big impact depending on what fabrics and prints you choose. Pillow covers have the ability to totally change the look of your space!

These photos are from a client install I did a few weeks ago, using all custom made pillows made by my super talented Grandma. You can buy some of our ready-made pillows in our Etsy shop, Lilac & Grace, OR you can email me for custom pillow design help! We love to work with people to give them unique, beautifully sewn and affordable new pieces for their home. We can also do curtains, in case you're interested :)

I loved these gorgeous turquoise pillows for my client's bedroom. 



This beautiful palette is so serene, yet fresh for their living room. We just love mixing prints and finding fabrics that compliment each other perfectly!

This chevron ikat is probably my fabric crush right now. I can't get enough!


Our feature fabric pulled all the colors together and gave the room a pretty pattern, perfectly suited for the scale of the couch and other accent pillows.
If you want any of those pillow covers pictured above, email me: hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. They aren't in our shop because they were custom pillows for a client, but we can easily make some for you, too!

Shop my favorite pillows:

DETAILSFlower Pillow / Textured Metallic Pillow / Trellis Pillow / Silver and Gold Metallic / Boho Pillow / Scalloped Diamond / Washed Velvet Pillow / Chenille Pillow / Herringbone Pillow / Indigo Ikat Pillow / Lattice Mint Pillow /

Which are your favorite?

We are offering 15% off all the pillows in our shop, Lilac & Grace, for the next week! Use code SPRUCEUP15 for your discount at checkout.

Have a great day!
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top