Home Tour: Vinewood Plantation Farmhouse











Photos by Laurey W. Glenn for Southern Living

This house has a special place in my heart, because it is the home of the owners of Vinewood Plantation, the barn venue we used for Bloom Atlanta. We stayed in their gorgeous, historical home the night before the workshop and it was so thrilling for us. I had seen these very pictures of the house a while back, even before we had our sights set on doing Bloom at this venue, so getting to actually SLEEP in this beautiful home was nothing less than a dream come true. How often do you get to host a workshop at such a great venue AND stay in the home on the property that you've seen in a magazine?! Not often ;)

Jamie is the designer and home owner behind this lovely, historic abode. It is a farmhouse, built back in the 19th century, and he worked to restore and decorate every square inch. I have two favorite rooms in their home-- and while they are all amazing, I tried to pick just two! First is their kitchen. The white cabinets, marble countertops and wood top island, the stainless steel appliances and golden colored pendants above the island all work so well together. Jamie gave me an insider tip to maintaining marble countertops while I was staying there, too. Marble is often known to patina or stain easily, so I asked him how they avoid that in their kitchen. He said they poured some orange juice on the countertops before they used the kitchen to help seal them and prevent staining. GENIUS!

My second favorite room is the quaint bathroom you see pictured above. That was the bathroom attached to our guest room. Can you believe it?! The soaker tub is in the middle of the room and I love it oh-so-much. If only I had time to take a bath during our stay :)

I love how the home looks like an old farmhouse and has the integrity and character of that 19th century, but is also updated and livable for today. Jamie did the best job restoring their home and they showed us the sweetest southern hospitality when we were guests. If you're a bride in Georgia, make it a priority to check out Vinewood as your venue!

What's your favorite part of Vinewood?!

Follow along with Vinewood:
Facebook / Instagram / Website / Pinterest

Happy Friday!
xoxo
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. absolutely beautiful home!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home! The kitchen is definitely my favorite!

    http://www.thissideofparadiseblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top