Promise in the Petals





It's Friday, which normally I would celebrate by showing you a pretty home tour or some fun project I've been working on, but today I'm getting personal and digging into real life.  If you like the pictures above, you may want to continue reading :)

If you've been reading here for any length of time, you know I love flowers. There's something so special and sweet about colorful, delicate blooms. Flowers are sort of a mystery, because they are so soft, intricate and never-before-seen. Before that flower blooms, no one has ever seen its petals or center colors or shape before. Every time a new bud opens, I think of it as a little secret between God and me, thanking Him for creating those little joys; joys like pretty buds, luscious greenery, and a world filled with so much wonder, we could never see it all or experience enough of it. 

Something heartbreaking happened this week. My Grandparent's home was broken into, but thankfully nothing was taken and no one was harmed. God's protection was covering that home. When I heard this news, my heart sunk because I know firsthand how violating and scary this type of situation is. When I was a senior in high school our home was broken into, and I was the one who came home to the house first and found everything disheveled. How could someone do this to us? To my grandparents? It's a weird feeling of sadness and extreme violation of your space. I love the home, our home, and what it represents to our family. I love my Grandparent's home, because it's filled with such love and family and good food. To hear it was broken into made my heart sink.

As I was browsing through the flower market yesterday, I began thinking of those little buds blooming and how each one is hand-crafted by God. God cares about the big things in life, but he also cares about the little things. He cares about the flowers blooming, the birds chirping, the homework, the job, the pups, the dinner. This, I realized in that moment, is one of the many reasons I love flowers. A bouquet on the dining table reminds me of life, it reminds me that God always cares about what we're going through, because He is the one who just caused that bud to open in the morning sunlight, and then close back up again at night. My Grandma needed some flowers in her house yesterday. She needed to look at something pretty on her dining table and just know, as the anemone petals open this morning, so does a new day with the promise of hope. God cares about the little petals and He definitely cares for her, their house, and their protection. Yesterday, I whipped up this bouquet, stuck them in an old mason jar we had lying around and dropped it off with my Grandma. She teared up, we hugged, and we both know how it feels to have this happen to our homes. We have also both experienced God's protection and care over our families.

Flowers make a house feel alive and they certainly lift your spirits {I'm convinced!} We are so thankful our family is safe, nothing was stolen {it's amazing, really} there are fresh flowers on our dining table, and with each new bloom we are reminded of the promise the Lord makes to each of us. He cares for us.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
Photobucket

10 comments

  1. How sad and scary that that happened to your Grandparents home, so glad that everyone is ok. Love the way you describe God in connection with flowers....so perfectly said! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I too know firsthand how horrible it is when your home gets broken into. When I was in 7th grade, our house got broken into just as my dad and I were literally around the corner. I actually saw the man who did it and we saw him drive off after taking a couple of my belongings. We did have things taken, but only two, fairly invaluable items. God put my dad and I there just at the right time to stop what was happening, and protected us as well from walking in on it (I was upset we hadn't for a long time, but now I realize that's probably a good thing). I love flowers as well, and I love your perspective! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so happy that they're okay! Thoughts and hugs to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your Grandma's house getting broken into. Praise God that everyone was okay! I really enjoyed reading this post from you about the Lord and how He cares about the small things just as much as the "big" things. That's what's so awesome about God; He cares so much. I'm so thankful that I have a fellow sister in Christ in this blogging world. I find it refreshing and a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about you grandparents home Michaela, what a terrible thing for them to experience. You're so sweet and thoughtful to bring a little bit of pretty over for your grandma to enjoy. All of those little buds, handcrafted by God... that's how He must feel about us!

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your grandparents!! What a lovely way to think about flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Michaela. So sorry to hear that your grandparents home was broken into. Thankful no one was home, nor nothing taken. I am reading a book I think you would enjoy. It is called the Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I love this post. That's exactly how I view flowers as well. They are such a beautiful symbol of His love for us! Prayers and hugs, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear everyone is ok. I know how devastating a break-in can be. My mothers wedding and engagement rings were stolen a few years ago. We know that the Lord has a big plan for us, even though it may cause us a few tears. I love flowers and I'm sure they brightened up your Grandmother's day.

    Molly. thelollyproject.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine the scary feeling that goes with having your home broken into! Oh goodness. So glad your grandparents were ok though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top