Client Reveal: Preppy Home Office


I'm so, so, so excited to share this client room with you! I've been helping Lisa transform her office over the past few months into something she could scrapbook in, work from, and enjoy throughout the day. Anyone who scrapbooks, I've found out, really needs to have an organizational system that works for them, because there are just so many little things that you need for this hobby! As you can see from the "before" pictures, Lisa just needed a good place to put everything, and a stylish design to go along with it {which is also a good incentive to keep things organized!} 

The design we came up with is something really functional with a ton of storage {hello awesome bookcase with storage baskets!} Lisa loves bright pops of color, so we did a gray and navy color palette with splashes of hot pink to accent. I suggested this fun wallpaper from Serena & Lily, but we decided to take inspiration from the wallpaper and instead, stencil the focal wall. Lisa did a great job! We created 4 zones for the office: the bookshelf/scrapbooking supply area, the desk, window seat and bar cart we are calling our "craft cart". Bar carts really are versatile! Of course the best part of this makeover is my happy client. This is what she loves most about her new space:

"The thing I love about my new office space is the way I feel when I go in there: peace and happiness! My old office made me crazy with all the clutter and disorganization. I love the Expedite unit with all the baskets and storage and finally somewhere to put all my scrapbooking albums!  I also love the prints in my office, such a great idea, especially the LOVE one above my desk.

Here is the before:

And here is the after:





*Images: Michaela Noelle Designs

Sources

Paint Color: Classic Gray, Benjamin Moore

Bookshelf:

Bookshelf: Ikea
Baskets: Ikea
Gold Elephant: Target (sold out, similar animal)
Owl: Similar, Similar
Black & White Print: SS Print Shop
& Print: Lulu & Georgia
Flowers Print: Minted
"B" Letter: Anthropologie
Birdcage: Similar

Craft Cart:

Bar Cart: Target
Framed Picture: Client's, source unknown
Details: Washi Tape, Straws

Desk Area:

Desk: Pottery Barn
Chair: West Elm
Lamp: Lulu & Georgia
Tray: West Elm
Floating Shelves: Pottery Barn
LOVE Print: Made By Girl (similar)
Hour Glass: Anthropologie
Sunburst Mirror: Ballard Designs

Bulletin Board:

DIY by Michaela using Caitlin Wilson Textile fabric 

Window Seat:

Curtains: West Elm
Navy Pillows: West Elm (similar)
Pink Floral Pillow: CWT
Chest: Vintage 
***

Such a fun transformation!  Thanks for sticking around for the picture overload :) My heart is full knowing Lisa truly loves the finished product. What's your favorite element of the room?!

If you're looking to revamp a room (or two!) in your home and are interested in my in-home and/or virtual design services, please visit my website or email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns(dot)com for more information. I'd love to help you create a space you love! For more of my work, visit my portfolio.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

31 comments

  1. So great Michaela! I love the desk set up and the storage is fantastic! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out fantastic, Michaela! I especially love the wall behind the bookshelf and blue lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! So clean and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  4. UM you nailed it girl! I love the graphic stencil on the wall. Looks fabulous. Congrats on a beautiful room and a happy client! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That storage wall is perfect and would definitely motivate me to keep things pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. Wow what a difference!

    Lura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous room....awesome job! I love the main wall with that stencil work and the bookshelf with those baskets, just love it! Also, those curtains and window seat....well really I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Michaela!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job! I love every nook and cranny!! Especially how you styled the bar cart...gorgeous and multi functional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great, girl. Love those drapes in there. So fun to know your client is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I love it! I could be so productive in an office like that. Such a great transformation. Great job, love.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-I love this. Someday, in my dream home, I'm going to have an office/scrapbooking room just like this. Keep it up missy:).

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love that wallpaper and the bookshelves are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I LOVE this office, it turned out so beautifully! I love the colors you chose and how it has personality but is still organized and not overly cluttered...well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so great Michaela!!! Excellent excellent job!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the details!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so talented. COME decorate my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did such a beautiful job, Michaela! You're so so creative and talented! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! You did an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks sooo good! You did a great job! I have that LOVE print and it is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything about this transformation, but that pin board is one of my favourite pieces!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  22. This came out so beautifully Michaela. You have such a great eye. Would love to work in this office! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute! Love it! So proud of you!! Keep it up! XO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! So amazing...get it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good job Michaela! I love the cest with the cushions on top!

    ReplyDelete
  26. amazing transformation. I love it..especially the bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful, M! It looks so pretty but organized and functional for an office space. I love your styling on the Expedit- I styled one on my blog today, too! It doesn't look quite as pretty as yours but I do have a 16 month old to take into my design considerations ; ) Still dying over that lamp, it's a beaut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your office reminds me of my daughter’s working studio. I can see lots of soft colors there and the atmosphere is very feminine, just like yours. And I can say that it’s very inviting.

    Clayton @MetrOffice.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am SO inspired by this fabulous office Michaela! We've just moved to a big house and I need some organisation like this in the office badly. :) Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top