California Chic Living Room


Hello and happy Monday! I hope you enjoyed your weekends. Today I'm showing you a LOVELY family room designed by one of my favorite designers and friends/mentors, Cristin of Simplified Bee. When I was in college, I interned for Cristin for 2 years. She not only helped me learn and grow in the creative side of the industry, but also in the business side of the industry. I'm forever grateful to her for her encouragement along my journey! I couldn't help but share this gorgeous room she recently finished. I helped Cristin style the bookcases a while ago-- see the before and after here! Below is the room reveal and some blurbs from Cristin about the choices:

"Open to the kitchen with a view of the backyard, my client envisioned a casual retreat that could stand up to all the kids' play, yet still be chic. The result is an inviting, kid-friendly space that incorporates a fresh twist on traditional, mixes the old with new and features worldly accents. I thrilled to give you a tour of this California casual-chic living room."



 "The color palette, of blues and gold was predetermined by the room's wall color and roman shades. A pair of existing skirted sofas were reupholstered in woven golden fabric - although still a tailored look, they have a warm beachy feel. The seating area is anchored by a steel blue rug with a fresh pattern inspired by ancient Aztec tile.

Between the sofas I placed a Moroccan inspired octagonal side table topped with a beautiful brass ring lamp, foo dog and succulent.  The sofas' custom throw pillows in Sikar Embroidery (flax) also be Martyn Lawrence Bullard features an exotic ikat pattern that pulls together the color palette beautifully."

"A demilune table found at a local consignment store was placed behind the sofa and is flanked by a pair of elegant Rococo style chairs. Heirloom antique chairs were reupholstered in Sinhala Linen (stone) by Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Schumacher. The traditional tree of life pattern really complements the chair's ornate pierced splat back and  curvy cabriole legs."



"Avoiding sharp corners, an oval coffee table with a gilded base and marble top was selected. The table was back-ordered forever, but worth the wait!"



*photo credit: Jennifer Jacobson
 

 I couldn't love this room anymore! Isn't Cristin talented?! What's your favorite element in the space?

Have a wonderful start to your week!
xoxo
Photobucket
PS. Lulu & Georgia (the adorable online home decor boutique I work for) is having a 20% off sale on select items!

5 comments

  1. Awe, Michaela! You are so sweet (blushing!). Thank you for your kind words and sharing this space with your readers. xo cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light and colors in this room! That coffee table is quite stunning;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the bookcases/entertainment center. I need that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A warm and welcoming space:) I love the French chair. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top