No Heat Hair Tutorial {times 2!}

Since I love doing hair and am always trying to find new lazy easy ways to do mine, I thought I'd take this Friday and next Friday to show you some easy hair tutorials. Bonus? All four styles will require no heat to your hair. {Unless you have to blow it dry...I showered at night then let it dry overnight for one of these!} I'd also like to point out that some people have beauty marks on their face by their nose or mouth...yeah, mine's on my neck perfectly centered...enjoy!


First up is a super simple but stylish pony tail:


1. Tease the crown of your hair
2. Do a side braid close to your forehead.
an inside out braid adds more volume to your hair (:
3. Pin it, then pull back the rest of your hair in a low pony.


TIP: get your pony tail lightly damp and twirl it around your finger a few times so it helps it to dry in a more controlled, ringlet manner.


Next up is the Braid Knot:


1. Braid your hair in pigtail braids. {My BFF Alyssa and I believe that if you're over the age of 13, it's not legal to wear pigtails...but this is our only exception(: }
Try to braid as far down as possible. Tie off with bands {they don't have to match- they're coming out in a minute!}

2. Try to cover your part by pinching the two sections of hair on either side of your part together. Secure with a bobby pin to cover part line.


3. Cross your braids and tie the two braids into a knot {just like you're tying your shoe}

4. With the first knot you make, you want to pull the strands up and down {vertically} as shown below:

5. Tie another knot {double knot this baby!} but this time pull the two braids horizontally like this:

6. Now that you've double knotted, take out the rubber bands and pin the ends of the braids to the sides of the knot bun you've created. To further secure, take bobby pins and pin the braids to the rest of your hair.

7. Finish with hairspray!

TIP: after wearing your hair like this for most of the day, take it out and let it be curly. I did this and loved the look!  Also- I have A TON of super thick hair, and this braid knot stayed all day. If you use the right bobby pins and tie the knot tight, you should be okay!


Hope you'll give these a try...especially the last one. So fun! See:






Love it.  Try it and send me pictures!
Using little to no heat has been such a needed break for my poor curling-ironed-out hair (:  Back next week with two more no heat styles!
Do you have any stylish hair ideas without using a curling iron or straightener?


Happy Friday! What are your plans? I'm off to have lunch with Natasha from Schue Love today.  Can't wait!
Have a relaxing weekend!
Love,
Photobucket

36 comments

  1. you are so beautiful and make it look so easy! my hair is too short, but you are making me want to grow it out! of course you are also making me want to be 10 years younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! You make it look so easy, but my fingers do not cooperate when I want to do anything with my hair. I'm going to try this tho! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so so cute!!!! i love that second bun thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I MUST learn how to french braid... I have been trying for awhile and think my fingers are just too fumbly ugh

    The knot bun is amazing! or maybe it's just that you're stunning....
    when my hair grows (aka I get extensions) I am absolutely doing it!


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I will have to show these to Kate...she's the only one in our family with long enough hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO trying these today :) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are just too pretty. Seriously! I love the braid knot style though, I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Michaela! I think I might have to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your hair are so crazy pretty!! Love these styles. I need about a million more hairs to pull it off. :)

    Have fun with natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so mad that I didn't find your blog when I had ridiculously long hair a little over a year ago. Though my hair makes a little baby pony, I do rock the bang braid quite often :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this...you have such beautiful hair! Cannot WAIT to see you in a couple short hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE. These are so so so cute! I'm totally trying the braid knot soon! Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hair just needs to grow a little longer and i'll be able to do these. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute! Love your top too in the second one. I have a feeling if we lived near each other, we'd get along quite well :) haha. P.S. Got my Dear Lillie Tee today in the mail from the give-away. I'm in love! :) tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the 2 braided bun! Such a brilliant idea, and so classy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE!! I am totally jealous of all your gorgeous hair...and gorgeous you too...let's just be honest! :-) Before I cut my hair a few weeks back I was using the sock bun curl technique like religiously! LOVED the dummy proof way for getting pretty no heat curls while I slept!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These styles look so adorable on you :) I wish I could do these, but I have super short hair... maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE these! Hope my hair is long enough - I'm going to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am definitely trying this! I'm such a spaz when it comes to doing my hair, but this looks simple enough (love that!). And cute to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute a must try! And I too have a mole exactly in the middle of my neck you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay seriously...pigtails over 13 is so wrong. I saw some the other day at school and I almost slapped the woman in the face. Love this post pretty girl <3 miss you
    LYSS

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  23. very cute and easy! trying out the first one for a dinner out tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE BOTH!!!!!!!!!! I'm obsessed!!!! Can we please have hair play time while you're here! You make it look so easy! I'm still learning how to even braid my hair close to my head! #wheresmom????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ummm..could you BE any more beautiful??? (Make sure to say that in a very "Friends"-like way, okay?! Ha!)

    Seriously...that hair has nothin' on you...but LOVE those styles.

    My hair is very long again (yay) but thin and super straight. I can't curl it to save my life...but braid...I can do that. ;)

    Thanks for sharing pic by pic instructions!

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ummmm, can you share styles if you are a loser and can't braid? That'd be me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay it's official....you have the best hair in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  28. coool hair ideas. i wish i hadnt just cut all my hair off so i could try them out

    http://trulele.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all of those styles -- I just need long hair now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO cute !! Love this style.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh SO pretty!! I love this!! Cant wait to try

    ReplyDelete
  32. I may or may not be trying to use no heat this week. ;) And I'll not only be wearing a dress today, but I'll be rockin the pony braid :)
    Love you M
    LYSS

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute! Trying the braided one today :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. VERY cute!! You always do such a great job with your hair :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these styles! And I have a beauty mark in the exact same spot on my neck. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top